Saturday, August 29, 2015

A yogi makes the front page of The Chicago Tribune

I woke up with the strongest desire to be at the beach . To plant my feet on the earth and feel the sun on my face . I made a detour before teaching my class so that I could spend some time at the lakefront , reflecting and sneaking in a short yoga practice .  I knew it wouldn't be the easiest to achieve as I would have my two youngest children with me, yet I also knew that they would enjoy playing at the beach . 


They played in the water and in the sand while I sat in solitude and did a short yoga practice . And slowly I began to feel at ease , reconnected to the divine . The water brings me peace , calms me in a way that nothing else can . It's these moments that make me appreciate living  just  blocks away from Lake Michigan .

A gentleman approached and asked if he could photograph the kids and I for an article he was working on and said to just keep doing what we were and to ignore him . As I once again got lost in my practice and my children played , he snapped away and captured my soul .much to my surprise  I woke up the next day to see ME on the front page of the Chicago Tribune . 

Humble , grateful and thankful . 
-A






No comments:

Post a Comment