Sunday, August 30, 2015

How I Stay Balanced With thinkThin® / City Yoga Chicago

This post is a sponsored conversation for thinkThin®. All opinions are my own. 

Photo Credit: Instagram/WomensForum

Yoga has been an important part of my life for over 10 years now. It keeps me grounded, focused and calm. It is an important part of my balanced lifestyle and is an integral part of my mind, body and spirit routine.
My goal is to live each day with intention. I am mindful about the foods I eat, getting enough exercise and keeping a positive mindset. I have a very active lifestyle.  I teach multiple corporate yoga classes weekly, am training for a half marathon, am a Girl Scout Leader and volunteer with cancer patients: all while being a single mom of three. With this schedule, it’s important to me to focus on championing weight wellness by eating things that nourish my body and keep me full.

Beautiful moves!

I recently attended a Sunrise Yoga Event in Chicago taught by Andrea Metcalf. It was such a wonderful way to start my morning while being surrounded by amazing, beautiful and empowered women! Nutrition and wellness are important to me and thinkThin® provided us with breakfast for the event. The thinkThin® bars are high in protein, low in sugar and great for women who care about quality like I do. We even got to try the thinkThin Oatmeal®, which is high in fiber and protein, non-GMO and only 200 calories per serving. Their products are great for my active lifestyle as I can throw one in my bag and go on about my day .



Yoga centers us and brings us back to the present. By starting my day and week at the Sunrise Yoga Event hosted by thinkThin® and Womensforum.com, I was given a jumpstart on a positive and productive week. With each sun salutation, through my breath I became centered and grounded in purpose. Each asana was not just a pose but a metaphor for where I was in my life at that point, and through each one I exhaled and let go of what no longer served me. Each of us is unique and amazing, and when we quiet the mind and reconnect with ourselves, we are able to live our life at its fullest.
Start each day with a positive mind, open heart and thinkPositive!
Andrea Metcalf, myself, and fellow Chicago blogger Jasmine!

No comments:

Post a Comment