Monday, January 12, 2015

I run



Why I run.

Running for me is therapy of sorts.. I don't run a certain distance, I run until my head is clear. I run and laugh, I run and cry, I run to let go. 

Last year I ran 3 half marathons ,a 9k, a 10k, a mud run, a 5k and a Girls on the run 5k with my daughter .. Each race had its unique challenges: extreme temperature , 80 degrees and humid in 
Florida to 30 degrees and rainy in Indianapolis . I ran through Disney, through the Indy 500 speedway, along the lakefront in Chicago as well as through the city streets, I ran through mud, climbed walls and ran thru bubbles, I ran the color run and came out full of laghter and completely tie-dyed.  

I run each race in complete quiet.. No music blasting in my ears, just me , the sky above and the earth below. pure divine connection. I don't run to beat a particular time, I run to finish and to finish without injury. I run for me,I run to Just Be.

Hot chocolate 10k in Chicago


Indianapolis 1/2 marathon
Disney Princess 1/2 marathon 


No comments:

Post a Comment