Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Wanderlust

I have always loved to travel, it's one of the reasons I became a flight attendant after college. Seeing the world thru my own eyes and heart is an experience that can never be replicated. For me, travel is not for a vacation , travel is something that makes me come alive, something that nourishes my soul. Something that I need to experience on a regular basis to feel connected and whole. It doesn't take a trip around the world to satisfy this need to travel, a simple road trip to a new  destination brings the same amount of fulfillment.

I have traveled to Hawaii where I rode down a volcano at sunrise, I snorkeled for the first time and felt incredibly humbled at what I had seen below me. I have traveled to Mexico and Canada , London and Paris and have gone horse back riding through the hills of Jamaica. it is not the act of a luxurious vacation, it is the act of exploring the unknown and soaking in the sights,sounds and culture. It is about becoming submerged in a different place.

I recently traveled to Denver. I had forgotten how beautiful it was, how the mountains were breathtaking and how the mountain air would fill my lungs with such ease. I had forgotten how overwhelming it would feel to see all of this divine beauty and how my heart and soul would be filled with so much joy that it would take my breath away. 

Oh but it hit me, and my first morning as I took an early morning walk, I cried. The universe sent me a sign.. This time a physical sign that stopped me in my tracks and made me say " ok, I hear you, I get it and I am listening !!" 


I'm in the middle of Colorado taking a 6 am solo walk and run into this sign .. Purdue ..The college I attended in Indiana, the place that I left my heart, the place that always brought me such comfort , the place that I always stop at and sit for hours at a time to clear my head and listen to my heart. A place that I will forever be connected.

I cried out of comfort and connection. It was something I needed to see to know that we are all connected and even thousands of miles away, one little reminder can bring such peace. 
 
I immediately knew that my trip to Denver would open my heart even more, guiding me to pay attention to every sight and sound . Allowing me to Just Be present in each and every moment .

Here are a few more things that let me know that I was exactly where I needed to be:




Wanderlust: the strong desire or need to travel the world 

I have so much to share about my time spent in Colorado. Day one let me know that this was all divine timing.

-A



No comments:

Post a Comment