Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Be Your Best Self

A week ago my life changed. Not in some crazy kind of way but in one of the gentlest most loving ways possible. Totally unexpected yet completely appreciated. 

There are many people that I look up to and admire, people that live their lives in the way I aspire to. Living with faith, love and honesty in their hearts. A conversation with one of these people, a dear friend for over 20 years, inspired me even more to live my life authentically .

Over the years I have read books, watched videos and attended seminars on living an authentic life ,finding my passion, living from love not fear, discovering my true self. In this exploration ,I have grown into the woman that I am today.. A strong woman, one with the courage to leave an  un-fulfilling marriage and  the strength and ability to co-parent with a love filled heart , a woman that knows that I am worthy , I  am lovable and I am enough. A woman that has come to realize that thru my struggles I have grown to love myself even more than I could imagine and that I am imperfectly perfect and am absolutely ok with that.  

It is so rare to have someone speak to you with such love in their heart, with compassion and conviction.  What he did for me was give me hope and re-affirm purpose. Not that I had ever lost hope, but he reminded me that we can all have whatever we want in this beautiful thing called life .  He reminded me to continue doing what I have been doing : living my truth and being the best that I can be. I have re-evaluated things in my life since our conversation and removed things and people that don't align with my soul . I am focused on taking care of ME, mind (reading and continuously seeking and  learning) , body (eating what nourishes my body and keeping my body in optimal health by moving it everyday), and spirit (praying, meditating , journaling). THIS is the gift he gave me, the gift of knowing /following my truth and purpose .

We can never settle or live a life less than what we imagine, as it isn't our truth. I am forever grateful for my friend, for his kind words and his open heart. He is proud of me and I am blessed to call him my friend. 

Live each day fully and from a place of truth and love ❤️

JUST BE

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment