Sunday, May 26, 2013

Teach Peace

Through my children's eyes I see peace. Through Their hearts I feel love. In their arms I feel content. -A. Renee



Children do not worry about the past nor stress about the future, they live constantly in the moment. Forever chasing butterflies and laying in the grass staring at the clouds in the sky. They are passionate, honest, loving and open. They can express every emotion possible on any given day yet when they close their eyes at night..they wake with a clean slate. They do not hold onto emotion as adults do. They do not hold onto anger nor stress and love others completely until they reach a certain age. 

Why is it that around 8 or 9 everything changes? The world hardens them..when they say that the sky is aqua, many start correcting them and say the sky is blue. When they want to play with dolls, they're told that those are for girls or that they are too old. WHO SAYS? WHO has the right to change their perspective..to tell them that everything they believe is incorrect? That their way of BEING is not acceptable? This is the first step of losing ourselves...of trying to fit in, of being unauthentic.

Many can disagree with me, and that's fine..as I live my life my way. I encourage my children to BE children...to dress how they want, to have fun wherever and whenever, to laugh and run and play...to eat breakfast for dinner and dinner for breakfast (because who made the rules of what to eat and when..I mean seriously?), to include the kids at school that aren't part of the "IN" crowd, because we are friends with kids because we like them, not because of what they wear or what new gadgets they have.  Sometimes I take my kids outside to SCREAM..yes to scream and let it out. Do you know what a release you get from screaming? We scream and giggle and then scream again...and its fantastic! Don't get me wrong, my house isn't a free for all...we have rules and bedtimes and chores. I am their mother yet I also have fun with them. By encouraging them to live fully, I hope that they will also encourage others to do the same. 

My children have taught me how to love unconditionally, how to be patient, how to have strength when I thought it wasn't possible and how to embrace each day. When I look at them, I see PEACE.

Take some time and spend with children, see how they play and live and love. Join them in the fun!

In my children's heart, they hold love. In my children's minds, they hold opportunity. In my children's hands, they hold the future. -A.Renee









No comments:

Post a Comment